The old house at Teigarhorn was built in 1880-1882 by Niels Weywadt (1814-1883), director of the Ørum and Wulff enterprise at Djúpivogur. He came to Iceland around, 1840, married a Danish woman and they had 14 children.
Second eldest of the couple´s children was Nicoline (1848-1921), who studied photography and mineralogy in Copenhagen. She managed the farm after her father´s death and built a photographic workroom onto the house.
There she worked for a time with her cousin, Hansína Regína Björnsdóttir (1884-1973). Nicoline Weywadt was one of the finest photographers in Iceland.
The house was originally clad with tar paper, which was highly unusual at this time in Iceland. The last inhabitants moved out in 1988, and since 1992 the house has been part of the National museum historic buildings collection.